Sunsets of Edmonds, WA.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday evening (8-1-18, a palindromic date) I returned to Haines Wharf Park for more sunset shots. The air had cleared, resulting in the sun being less filtered than the last time I was there.

I switched around equipment, using the 7DII + 500L telephoto lens + 2x III teleconverter for more reach. For less noise at high ISO settings, I used the 5DIII + 24-105 L wide angle zoom with a circular polarizing filter that I had forgotten to take off from the day before.

I took these shots with the wide angle setup, using a tripod (for a change) to keep the horizon level and to steady the camera for HDR shots.
The Seattle-Chicago Empire Builder was running very late and to my good fortune, passed by at sunset. I hope the passengers felt the same.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday evening (8-8-18) from the plaza above the Edmonds library. Hot, smoggy days make spectacular sunsets.

1Dx + 100-400L II telephoto zoom, handheld

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
5DIII + 24-105L wide-angle zoom, tripod mounted. All but the last one were taken in HDR mode using natural setting.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

This one was not taken using HDR. Taken at 1/6', f/4.0, ISO = 1600, using a cable shutter release.

10.jpg

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com