Sunsets of Edmonds, WA.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
And the sun continued to set.
06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

Passengers on the Kingston-Edmonds ferry and a fishing boat were treated to a beautiful scene on the water.
09.JPG

10.JPG

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday's (8/25/15) Chicago bound Empire Builder (Amtrak #8) arrived in Edmonds about 2 & 1/2 hours late. This proved fortunate for me, as I was up on Sunset Ave. and caught it leaving leaving town at sunset.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday (11/3/15) sunset shots from Ocean Ave., my backup location when there is no parking on Sunset Ave. It also offers a different view of the railroad tracks. Unfortunately I missed the 4:30pm Sounder by about five minutes, which would have made a good addition to the foreground.

7DII + 17-35L wide angle zoom, handheld
01.JPG

Experimenting with f/22 to get the "sunburst" effect.
02.JPG

03.JPG

Wide angle afterset.
04.JPG[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thursday night (6-29-17) I went down to Brackett's Landing to photograph one of the latest (9:12pm PDT) and most northern sunsets of the year. Equipment was the 5DIII using HDR mode + 24-105L medium zoom mounted on a tripod.

Everyone comes down to the waterfront to enjoy the nice weather, so you have to arrive before sunset to find a parking spot.
IMG_0001.jpg

I contented myself with photographing birds and trains before the sun actually set.
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Every Fourth of July my aunt invites us to watch the Edmonds fireworks from her back deck in Emerald Hills. I take advantage of the opportunity to take sunset photos. These will be my last shots from her deck, as she and her husband will soon be moving to Montana.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saturday evening (7/29/17) on Sunset Ave.

IMG_0001.jpg

The screen of a small electronic device held by the couple sitting in front of me reflected the sunset.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
We may get record setting high temperatures this week. High temps + stagnant air = air pollution, which creates some beautiful sunsets. The first sunset of August from Sunset Ave.

5DIII + 24-105L medium zoom.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday (8/2/17) saw another smoke enhanced sunset. Looking towards the fishing pier from Olympic Beach.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Terry O

Impressive views, Bill. The smoke isn't pleasant, but at least it contributes to some spectacular sunsets!

Terry

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
The week's smoke screen sunsets continue. Friday's (8/4/17) shots are from Bracket's Landing North. I alternated between the 5DIII (using HDR) + 24-105L wide angle zoom and the 7DII + 100-400L II telephoto zoom, all tripod mounted.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com