Synchronized Swimming

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
Late this afternoon I had some time and enough daylight to make a trip to the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. It's pretty special right now because of all the rain. Because of all the rain the fields are flooded and the birds are closer to the winter path.

Here are is a mallard pair, performing a synchronized dance routine.
View attachment 5874

View attachment 5875

Last edited:
#1 - 7.5 as his is slightly out of sync with her (isn't that always the case with us guys?)

#2 - 9.5. As near to perfectly in sync as can be.

Great shots. :)

#1 - 7.5 as his is slightly out of sync with her (isn't that always the case with us guys?)

#2 - 9.5. As near to perfectly in sync as can be.

Great shots. :)

7.5 is a disappointing score, as the degree of difficulty for this movement is quite low. his timing was okay, but his form was off by just enough to hurt his score. he did redeem himself with a high score in the "double dabble", but was it enough to advance to the next round? :D

nice catches, Janice!

7.5 is a disappointing score, as the degree of difficulty for this movement is quite low. his timing was okay, but his form was off by just enough to hurt his score. he did redeem himself with a high score in the "double dabble", but was it enough to advance to the next round? :D

nice catches, Janice!

The last I saw he did move on to the next round. His low score in round one was offset by his creative costume, notice the lovely weed accent on his head.

Um.... Thats not his head. Oh wait, he's a guy, maybe it is. Hold on... You are talking about the second shot arn't you???

Too late, it's already out of hand. Did you ever think this would happen when you posted this foul "foul" stuff?

The waterfowl Olympics are tainted. It's obvious that these two are hopped up on quack. And weeds, as Janice pointed out ;)

Little known back story

Little did we know that second pose wasn't a part of the regular routine.

The ducks were just so upset with a score of 7.5 on their signature move that in perfect synchronization they just spontaneously mooned the judges in disgust!

Not realizing what was happening, the judges thought the move was part of the routine and scored it a 9.5, allowing the Mallard familly to advance to the next round.

Last edited:
For the first time in a very long time I am at a loss for words :D

Janice, looks like somebody has hacked into your account, and is pretending to be you. I was falling for it until I saw the above quote.

Please change your password. ;)

Janice, looks like somebody has hacked into your account, and is pretending to be you. I was falling for it until I saw the above quote.

Please change your password. ;)

LOL, I just can't wade into this now that all my best puns have been hatched before I could respond. Although, I have to admit I just can't migrate away from this topic and duck my responsibilities. So I'll just have to let it fly. :rolleyes:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back