Ticked off.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is not a pretty picture. More to document this little find after a hike. I found him/her attached to me -- no need for me to say where :eek: And after its passing from an alcohol overdose I took its picture for another forum that I belong to (normally they are fuller looking than that). So I thought I'd share with you all.

3035132213_73203151dc_o.jpg

Uh, thanks for sharing, Janice.... I think....

So you are saying your blood was so high in octane, this poor little puppy died as a result of imbibing? Shame on you, you hussy! :D You know, of course, to watch to bite site and all that.... I may just quit hiking now.... :(

Guess I am lucky. I have never run into one of these little buggers... I will be on the watch now tho. Thanks for showing us what to look for. Great pics. He's so small! :eek: C.

LOL! I have a sneaking suspicion Mr Tick was swimming and not imbibing in the high octane. I have drowned a few myself....and found vaseline on them is another way to get them to back out.

Great shots and glad you found Mr Tick. I had one hiding on me three days before he was found in my hair.

LOL! I have a sneaking suspicion Mr Tick was swimming and not imbibing in the high octane. I have drowned a few myself....and found vaseline on them is another way to get them to back out.

Great shots and glad you found Mr Tick. I had one hiding on me three days before he was found in my hair.

Well he was in my hair but not on my head :eek: Need I say more? :rolleyes: I looked hard for him because we had so many of them on us that we actually removed all our outer clothing and did a tick check before entering the car. I had a friend's dog along and we were picking them off of us as we drove home and I ended up spraying the car and sealing it off for a couple days before vacuuming it out. When I came home and looked I said "I don't remember having a mole there and after closer examination . . . you know the rest of the story.

FYI Vaseline is not the choice anymore. They sometimes get sick before backing out and then increase your risk of infection. There are some good tick removal tools and I'm grateful for mine.

OMGoodness!

Did you run into a nest of them or what? That is really :eek:.... I have never heard of anyone picking up so many before. Is this a common occurrence? If so, I may not be kidding about not hiking anymore. Yikes! Thanks for the info about this. This is need-to-know stuff. Meanwhile, I will continue to chase bugs that don't suck my blood and hope THEY don't turn on me. :confused: Interesting post. Thanks. C.

No, that day was just perfect for ticks for whatever reason. In fact it was in November when I would not have expected to find them. It was in the Columbia Gorge, Lyle Cherry Orchard. It was the only time I had ever experienced anything like it. But one should always be prepared for those little buggers. In fact that was the first time I ever had an encounter up close and personal.

That won't keep me from hiking but I am mindful when in certain areas.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back