'Tis the season

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mama barn swallow feeding fledglings on a branch at Nisqually this afternoon...

MG-2969-crop-sm.jpg

MG-2970-crop-sm.jpg

MG-2972-crop-sm.jpg

Swallows have built nests inside the viewing blind located about 1/3 the way around the driving loop of the River South Unit at Ridgefield NWR north of Vancouver. People inside the blind do not phase the adult swallows as they fly in and out to feed their babies. The confines are so tight that I have to use a wide angle lens to photograph the activity.

Swallows have built nests inside the viewing blind located about 1/3 the way around the driving loop of the River South Unit at Ridgefield NWR north of Vancouver. People inside the blind do not phase the adult swallows as they fly in and out to feed their babies. The confines are so tight that I have to use a wide angle lens to photograph the activity.
I can imagine. That blind isn't very big. On the bright side, at least the swallows give you something to shoot at there that's close enough for a decent photo! Only problem is the light... ;)

I can imagine. That blind isn't very big. On the bright side, at least the swallows give you something to shoot at there that's close enough for a decent photo! Only problem is the light... ;)

That and the adult swooping very close past you. You have to remember to take a wide angle lens.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back