Upper Franklin Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went nosing around up in the Denny Creek area of the Cascades this afternoon, and found myself going where i was SO not supposed to be to get some shots of upper Franklin Falls... thinking about heading back up later in the week to shoot the lower falls. 5D, 24-135, various exposures...

IMG_0367smrdx.jpg

IMG_0304smrdx.jpg

IMG_0349smrdx.jpg

Great shots!

I'm not familiar with that location, why aren't you supposed to be there?

Great shots!

I'm not familiar with that location, why aren't you supposed to be there?

it's along the Franklin Falls trail, just off the old Denny Creek road...there's a fence to keep people on the path, but if you're willing to go over the fence and do some careful scrambling (the bank is VERY steep and the drop to the rocks and water below is enough to cause some serious hurt...), you can make your way down the bank to a small promontory overlooking the falls. it's not posted or anything, but the fence is pretty clearly intended to keep folks from doing what i did... :D

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back