Videographer Wanted for Forum Staff

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking to add somebody who's involved with shooting video on DSLR's to the forum staff. (This is an upaid/volunteer position).

More and more DSLR cameras also shoot video. While I don't personally shoot video, I really don't think the forum should ignore the video end of things just because it's something i don't work with.

So I'm looking for somebody who's active in that part of photography. I'll work with you to establish a section for videography, and to get some discussions going in that area. You don't need any technical knowledge of the forum software and web etc, I'll do all of that. But you do need to be knowledgable about shooting video on DSLRs, at least to the point you can provide useful help and information to the members.

Interested? Drop me a PM or e-mail and let's talk!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Still looking for somebody familiar with video on DSLR's to help out around here. So far the response has been underwhelming. :)

Tony S

Matbe the response is underwhelming as most are here for photos, not video even though it's available on many cameras now. maybe start a new sister site... PNWVIDEOS.com to draw in those in the area that are more interested in video

Last edited:

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Tony, while PNWVideos.com might be a good idea, I'm not looking to go "big" right now. Most serious videographers are still shooting with dedicated video cameras. While DSLR video is getting better, there are still limitations, including, in some cases, very basic ones like the autofocus not being active while you shoot.

My interest is simply to add the DSL Video element to the forum for the still photographers that frequent this site. Your camera may have that option already, and if it doesn't, it's quite likely the next one you buy will. So it would be good to have a place to learn the basics and also the limitations of shooting DSLR Video.

Snuffy2

Video Shooter

I'm looking to add somebody who's involved with shooting video on DSLR's to the forum staff. (This is an upaid/volunteer position).

More and more DSLR cameras also shoot video. While I don't personally shoot video, I really don't think the forum should ignore the video end of things just because it's something i don't work with.

So I'm looking for somebody who's active in that part of photography. I'll work with you to establish a section for videography, and to get some discussions going in that area. You don't need any technical knowledge of the forum software and web etc, I'll do all of that. But you do need to be knowledgable about shooting video on DSLRs, at least to the point you can provide useful help and information to the members.

Interested? Drop me a PM or e-mail and let's talk!

I really love video shooting, I would like to chat about what you are looking for in composition and if what I know about it would work, My Fujifilm works good for motion pictures, I have some video posted in my Facebook. Not really much but you can see the quality I have done, I can do 7.1 in video, more than enough, the camera I use for video will do 14.1 and 1080P HD. I just might be up to the challenge..

atsmith@ortelco.net

Last edited:

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Snuffy, I'm not looking for an actual video, I just need somebody who's familiar with video and how it works on DSLR cameras. Thaty way I've got somebody who can give an intelligent reply to questions on DSLR video.

I'm hoping to find somebody who's using either the Canon or Nikon systems, simply because those are the most common, and so they'll probably be the ones most members are working with.

Snuffy2

Ok, maybe someone will show up and fill that need, in the mean time, maybe I will have something in general to good use. Just thought of an idea, I will get back to you this week.

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Snuffy, you are, of course, welcome to comment as well, as is everyone else. I'm simply looking for somebody to kind of take charge of this area, post some comments, talk about new camera models, that sort of thing. Ideally they'll be able to answer questions like "How come the autofocus doens't work when I shoot video" or "How large of a memory card should I buy?"

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com