Walk Up Burgers

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Twick

From the past a few burger places that you can still walk up to and order at a window. Each has a character of its own unlike the chains. When I get crazy enough I'll hit all three in one day for a cheeseburger and fries, sit out side and enjoy.

Nice shots of some vintage architecture.

Those places are all icons, and they've got a classic look.

That said, I'll have to admit I just don't get the whole buzz around "Frisko Freeze". The one time I tried it the service was very slow and the burger was OK but not what all the hype had led me to expect... Maybe they were having an off day? It seemed pretty ironic that a place that took 30 minutes to get my order done has a "No Loitering" sign on the building.

I like seeing images of roadside attractions (and eateries) and the signage used to lure in the travelers. Thanks for posting these!

Frisco Freeze

Bob, your not the first one I have heard complain about the service at Frsico Freeze, or the product. Guess that's why I haven't tried them even though they are just a few blocks from where I work.
Still need to time being by Scaleburgers when we are ready for a burger. I'll have to run up there some Saturday morning.
Pick-Quick. Good burgers, old fashion fries and pretty darn fast. Great place to go on a nice day and sit outside for lunch. Could do without the traffic noise though.
Terry

Yeah, it's a pretty common complaint. I understand they cook the stuff to order, which is good, but it still way too slow.

Scale Burgers is also slow, but not nearly as bad. The burgers are pretty good, but what's really good is the milk shakes. They're the real thing, made with ice cream, not a bunch of chemicals and whipped up air. (Ever looked closely at a McDonald's shake? There's an amazing amount of air bubbles in there...)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back