Where to visit in Grants Pass???

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Rascal

A quick run over the weekend for a family related memorial service will leave us with some extra time on Monday. While debating what sites to see and photographic opportunities to explore in the Grant Pass area I thought some of you might know the area and have suggestions we may not have considered.

Keep in mind that we will only have mid morning to late afternoon available.

We have considered (1) returning north by way of Crater Lake, (2) visiting the Oregon Caves Nat. Monument, (3) exploring the Rogue River valley and enjoying a little western Zane Grey flavor.

Crater Lake is stunning, and the drive up the Umpqua River Valley is beautiful, but it's something you really need at least a full day to appreciate... it's about 110 miles from I-5to Crater Lake, so not a short detour, but if you've never been there, it will amaze you...

I'm feeling that way about Crater Lake also. Probably not enough time to really take it in. I'd hate to take the drive just to be disapointed to leave so soon.

Rogue River

Here are a few of my Rogue River photos and my Rogue husband doing Rainey Falls.

Great action shots Judy. Did you have drive up access to get these shots or were you in the preceding boat?

I was in the boat (I feigned the need to take pictures during the rainey falls run however). It is actually the permitted section but there is some road access where we put in that has some pretty spots as well.

Many of these added photos look like they were taken from the raft. I understand, (correct me if I'm wrong), that Zane Grey's cabin is only accessible by river. We have a raft, that is a bit dusty this year, but don't plan to take it.

Many of these added photos look like they were taken from the raft. I understand, (correct me if I'm wrong), that Zane Grey's cabin is only accessible by river. We have a raft, that is a bit dusty this year, but don't plan to take it.

I believe that is correct. It is a three day trip by river anyway. Not something you can do in an afternoon.:(

Great shots, Judy. Do I see cam on the oarsman's head (sans helmet)?

Well I think you're right. I noticed the cute bow on his head and wondered what kind of a statement he was making. But, I like your thinking better.

Well I think you're right. I noticed the cute bow on his head and wondered what kind of a statement he was making. But, I like your thinking better.

LOL, well he might be getting in touch with his feminine side :D

Great shots, Judy. Do I see cam on the oarsman's head (sans helmet)?

Yes that is a cam. Unfortunately, he is not a photography or video man and ran out of space on his memory card just as he crested the falls so no fall footage.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back