White tailed kite

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw some reports of a white tailed kite hanging around a small general aviation airstrip down in Toledo, about 20 miles south, so I headed down there to see if I could spot the bird. Took a couple of hours of waiting and watching, but it finally appeared around 3:00 PM, and landed in a tree about 100 yards away... between gray light and distance, too far for a decent shot. More waiting. After a bit, it flew over a field, hunted unsuccessfully for a bit, then landed on top of a small tree. The light was all over the map, from sun, to bright cloudy, to dim gray, but I managed some decent shots. I was very happy to get these, since this is another rare visitor to WA, and I'd never seen one before...

MG_8888_crop1_sm.jpg

MG_8949_crop_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back