Wildlife of Edmonds, WA. 2018

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday afternoon (7-10-18) I went back to Brackett's Landing North where I found a single least sandpiper foraging in the same location as the westerns the previous day. I got close-ups that should enable viewers to compare the two. The last three shots were taken at -1 exposure compensation due to the bright sunlight coming in from behind me. The first two were taken "straight on" and had to tweak them for the same reason.

The sandpiper had been foraging on the beach, then flew to a small piece of driftwood.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

The sandpiper was so light that it could walk on the seaweed flotsam. The smallest of the sandpipers, it is about the size of a sparrow.

04.jpg

05.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
My son and I had been photographing birds at Brackett's Landing North the previous day. Another photographer asked me to pose for a photo as I was going back to the pickup. I think it gives me that professional photographer look. ;)

Bill & Camera 2018-07-09.jpg

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com