World Water Day marsh tour

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thursday evening (3-22-18) I helped with a World Water Day tour of the Edmonds marsh. Details of the tour are here:
http://myedmondsnews.com/2018/03/guided-tour-of-edmonds-marsh-on-world-water-day-march-22/

My son and I arrived early to help set things up at the main (#2) viewing platform. Although it had been raining for much of the day, it was clear in the afternoon thanks to a cold wind from the south.
01.jpg

The tour started at the #2 viewing platform with a talk by Susan Paine, the lady in the blue-green jacket looking at the camera.
02.jpg

I interrupted to point out a rabbit directly below the viewing platform.
03.jpg

Last edited:
Several resident great blue herons were off the #2 viewing platform.
001.jpg

Two rambunctious ones provided entertainment for the group.
002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited:
My assignment was to point out wildlife along the tour route. A marsh wren helped me out by singing an aria off the #1 viewing platform.
04.jpg

A male Anna's hummingbird (McInroe?) was feeding off new salmon berry blossoms below the #3 viewing platform, located opposite the outdoor tennis courts.
05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Members of the Sierra Club, which organized the tour, were very pleased with the turnout. They were also thankful for the break in the weather. It is snowing Friday morning as I type this.

An article on the tour along with more photos can be found here:
http://www.shorelineareanews.com/

Last edited:
Terrific group, Bill! Sorry I couldn't be there. Nice work!!!
Lucky it wasn't today! Its raining mixed ice and rain! Make that snowing~!
Terry

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back