WWII stuff from the "tankfest" at FHC on Memorial Day (6)

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went to Paine Field for the "tankfest" at the Flying Heritage Collection, just to see some restored WWII tanks driving around... here are some of the shots i got. they've been doctored a bit to remove extraneous power lines, etc...

M3A1 Stuart light tank, obsolete by late 1942, but fun to watch...

IMG_7090shsm_zps1e1d2b06.jpg

IMG_7100croppssm_zpsf56fe99f.jpg

JgPz 38(t) "Hetzer" - German tank hunter/killer

IMG_7172pssm_zpsc0dae7e1.jpg

IMG_7170pss_zpsbf37eac7.jpg

M18 Hellcat - US tank destroyer ca. 1944

IMG_7151pssm_zpsf6c9a3d4.jpg

IMG_7141pssm_zpsd9a7f4a3.jpg

Those WWII era tanks sure are small compared to the new ones, especially that mini tank in the first photo.

Nice shots! I haven't been there in a while, looks like they got their new tank playground done now.

Tanks for sharing! :cool:

shoulda seen that one coming... ;)

Those WWII era tanks sure are small compared to the new ones, especially that mini tank in the first photo.

they really are. the M3 Stuart (first pic) was a small one even by WWII standards, but it was designed in the late 30's when no one really knew how the technology and armor would evolve. it was hopelessly obsolete by the time we entered the war, but we used 'em anyway, for a short time...

Nice shots! I haven't been there in a while, looks like they got their new tank playground done now.

yeah, they got it done last year, i think... most of what was there on the 26th belonged to someone else, FHC still only has the Sherman, Hetzer and T-34. but it was fun to see 'em do their thing...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back