Yellowstone Spring 2018

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I've completed and uploaded the photos from my annual May/June trip to Yellowstone. It was a good trip for a variety of species (spring usually is there), but during my photo tour in the first week of June we had remarkable luck checking every big daily goal we set for ourselves... that almost never happens.

Check out the full gallery of 120 new images here. A short preview is below.

The action at this badger sett lasted just long enough for me to get a couple views of the family before mom moved the kits.
badgeramerican0518ys9.jpg

One of two coyote dens I saw this trip.
coyote0518ys35.jpg

A grizzly bear near Yellowstone Lake.
beargrizzly0618ys68.jpg

An American cliff swallow rebuilds its nest.
swallowamericancliff0618ys4.jpg

A bull moose beneath Mt. Republic.
moose0618ys15.jpg

A young adult moose crosses Soda Butte Creek.
moose0618ys44.jpg

There were a couple nice black bear cub encounters with my tour group my last week in the park.
bearamericanblack0618ys13.jpg

See the full Yellowstone 2018 Spring gallery on my website.

Max

Thanks Bill. The goats in the park are usually seen through scopes on the some of the peaks in the northeast corner, but occasionally you'll see them closer in the northwest. Some people consider them to be invasive, encroaching on bighorn sheep territory, though as far as I know it's a natural migration southward. The area where I got the pictures is the Beartooth Wilderness, outside the park's northeast entrance. The Beartooth Highway is also considered one of the most scenic drives in the US, so I always enjoy taking my clients even if we don't see wildlife.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back