Yellowstone Spring 2019

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I've finally finished processing the photos from my two week spring trip to Yellowstone. I go out at this time each year, as it's the peak of wildlife activity. This gallery covers the last week in May plus my photo tour in early June.

You can see the full gallery of 157 new images in my photo archive. A short preview is below.

This grizzly bear greeted me in the Lamar Valley when I first arrived and was on my way to our property.
beargrizzly0519ys13.jpg

I only had one encounter with this popular grizzly bear sow and her cubs on this trip, but it was a good one. They were quite active right next to my car.
beargrizzly0519ys167.jpg

beargrizzly0519ys88.jpg

I had probably my best Dusky Grouse shoot to date with a male who spent a lot of time pursuing two females in the park's northern range.
grousedusky0519ys41.jpg

Sometimes a familiar subject provides some interesting and unique moments. It was all about the repeating pattern here when this yellow-bellied marmot popped into the open.
marmotyellowbellied0619ys9.jpg

One of the twin moose calves that put on a show in the northeast corner of the park this spring.
moose0519ys57.jpg

Sunrise in Hayden Valley.
sunrise0619ys3.jpg

That same foggy morning in the valley.
elk0619ys21.jpg

A black wolf I encountered on my own in the NE quadrant one afternoon.
wolfgray0519ys13.jpg

See the full Yellowstone Spring 2019 gallery.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back