Yesterdays shoot with 2 great models.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

C&C welcome & encouraged

5752690154_52a248a9c6_z.jpg

5752136027_f97ef2930a_z.jpg

5752681070_af10b4e887_z.jpg

5752131101_d4f6fa7f61_z.jpg

5752129689_256d3438b9_z.jpg

5752168179_ae88161f9c_z.jpg

5752673790_329a82748e_z.jpg

#1 has a post coming out of the top of his head and barbed wire out of his ear. Also needs light in his eyes. Pose is good.

#3 - angle her by pushing her left shoulder back.

5 & 6 - I don't think the selective color is working. If the frame were suspended instead of holding it with hands it may be better. It's the hands coming out side the frame in B&W that doesn't work for me.

The last one is working pretty good.

I think the color only inside the frame is a great look for this set. And the lack of a smile doesn't seem too off to me, but I probably would have had some with smiles and some without. Just more of an opinion. I do like the lighting and the background.

I'd also typically not reccommend that people wear "busy" shirt patterns but on a farm and with boots ...plain shirts might have looked out of place.

Excellent group of shots overall IMO.

#2 looks a little washed out to me but mind you I am not a portrait photographer yet. Thanks fo posting. I love to see the c & c's to learn by as well.

In several of the pictures there are dark shadows in the eyes, under the brows that a reflector would really help out. This might also lighten the dark brooding mood in some of the pictures.

Nice series. I agree with the "barbed wire out the ear" assesment. I like that they look natural, they don't have the somewhat fake, brushed look in their faces that seems to be popular these days. Some people just aren't smiley, and maybe that's the case here. Forcing smiles might look too contrived. I don't think the guy looks angry, his expression just looks mildly happy.

Overall, very nice.

Unlike ejones I really like the 2 selective color shots, very creative.

I think #2 is a great shot

The plaid fits the scene, I agree with the barbed wire and fence comments, #2 just seems underexposed (if you were going for an effect, it needs to be more obvious) and I rather like the selective color.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back