Thread: Snowy owl

Default Snowy owl

Went up to Ferndale area on Friday to see the snowy owl that's been hanging out there. She was among some driftwood logs about 150 yards away, maybe a little more, so these are severely cropped images, but it was my first ever chance to see a snowy, so I took what I could get! She didn't move around much, so most of what I got were shots of it just sitting there. This shot of some wing stretching was about the most active she got. LOL!

~ Rocky

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    ~ Three Dog Night

http//:www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Good shots. Our last big snowy owl irruption was five years ago, so hopefully we are due for one this winter.
    Bill Anderson; Edmonds (near Seattle), WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anderson View Post
    Good shots. Our last big snowy owl irruption was five years ago, so hopefully we are due for one this winter.
    Thanks, Bill. I've heard one was also seen recently in Puyallup, so maybe we're in for another irruption... sure would be nice!
    ~ Rocky

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    ~ Three Dog Night

http//:www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Quote Originally Posted by squirl033 View Post
    Thanks, Bill. I've heard one was also seen recently in Puyallup, so maybe we're in for another irruption... sure would be nice!
    I need to get Daren and my passports renewed. Five years ago we went with Terry up to Boundary Bay, BC to get shots of the snowies.
    Bill Anderson; Edmonds (near Seattle), WA.