In an effort to expand the breadth of images on this site we are pleased to announce the Second PNW Portrait Challenge, which is open to submission between now and November 8, 2012.
Rarely as photographers do we turn the cameras around on ourselves, so the theme this time is "Self-Portrait".
Images must be at least 800 pixels on the long side, and maximum size is limited by forum software (roughly 2000 pixels)
The prizes are fabulous:
- Free Membership to PNW Photos for all participants!
- Mention on the PNW Photos Facebook page
- Bragging rights
The rules are simple:
- Only one entry per person
- You may replace your image as many times as you want up until the deadline, provided you've only got one image posted herein.
- The photo must have been taken by you, ideally within the three months that this challenge lasts (September 2012-November 8 2012).
- You may edit your image as much as you want
- Criticising or critiquing other people's images is discouraged and uncool.
- The winning image will be selected by ballot by PNW Photos members.
- The winner will be announced on November 30, 2012.
In addition to those rules, you should tell us the subject of the portrait in your post, what you want us to know about it, etc. (Think museum description).
- The "portrait" may be done in the studio, taken at the park, taken on a vacation, or anywhere else you can think of.
- The photo must be clearly about a specific subject or group of subjects.
- The subject or elements do not need to be human, or even alive.