Thread: 52 in 52 Week 48 - 11/25 to 12/1

Default 52 in 52 Week 48 - 11/25 to 12/1

This is week 48 of our 52 photos in 52 weeks project.

The concept is simple. Post a photo a week all year long. There's no subject or theme and this isn't a contest. The goal is simply share what you're working on, and if you're so inclined, tell us a bit about it. It can be a snapshot from your cell phone, or the best photo you've ever taken, it doesn't matter.

Ideally, the image will be one that you've taken this week. That's why there's no subject, so you can select an image from whatever you're currently shooting. ("Safe for work", please)

Don't have any shots from this week? That's OK, sometimes that happens. If you're working on sorting and post-processing images from past projects, show us one of those. Not shooting or processing this week (All caught up? Congratulations!) then show us something from your portfolio. That's also why we didn't do a "365 shots" daily challenge, that's simply too difficult for many folks. Hopefully once a week will be easier to do.

It's also the intent that folks who participate will post something every week. Please try and make that your goal. That said, we won't keep track and nobody will be disqualified if they miss a week. This is supposed to be fun, and sometimes life gets in the way and you have other priorities.

Also, you're welcome to start at any time. Simply start whenever you can, and try to post weekly if possible. Miss a week or two? Oh well, pick up where you left off.

Questions, comments, suggestions? Post away.
    Bob Harbison
    PNWphotos.com Host

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams

2. Default

I was visiting family in Lewiston, ID and enjoying the over the top light display. This one was just a test to see what would a zoom pan look like. It turned out to be one of the more interesting ones I made that night.

When I looked at it on the computer I noticed the older couple with their canes down at the end. My dad's in his mid 70s has told me the years go by faster as you get older. I've only limited experience with this but can relate, it seems like it's been several months since our oldest came home from the hospital and now she is in 4th grade. A few weeks ago we moved to Oregon but it's already been 6 years. If you were to illustrate this phenomena, I wonder if this is what it would look like.

In addition to the weird strobing of the LED lights, the other part I thought was interesting is you can calculate my shutter speed. Each LED is represented by four dots of light and at 60hz, my shutter speed was 1/15 sec.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, cool photo and it does seem to illustrate the quickly passing time. Nice capture!
    Arline Scott
    http://arlinescottphotography.com

These are what I'm editing this week...Taken Nov. 10. Little trip up to Cascade Pass and environs.

Attachment 9080

Attachment 9081

5. Default

Adashone: cool pic!

T3 : i love the first one... very scenic!

Several months ago, we went on a trip to John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. Along the way, we say several old and deserted buildings. Here are a few shots of one of them.

I converted to black and white and then added a little bit of sepia by increasing the temperature of the picture slightly, to give them kind of an old, antique photo look.
    Dale Schaecher

Sony A77 / Zeiss 16-80 / Sigma 70-200 / Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 Tripod / Other accessories

My website: http://k-d.artistwebsites.com/

These look familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
    These look familiar...
    This is located on Hwy 97 between Biggs and Condon.
    Dale Schaecher

Sony A77 / Zeiss 16-80 / Sigma 70-200 / Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 Tripod / Other accessories

My website: http://k-d.artistwebsites.com/

1&2 Fog in Rogue valley today 11-27-2012
    3 Lower Table Rock 3 photo HDR 11-25-2012
    Last edited by Russ Jump; 11-28-2012 at 12:38 AM.
    my gear EOS 60D,EOS Rebel XSi EF 24-105mm f/4L,EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM,EFS 55-250mm,EF 50mm f1.8,EFS 18-135mm