Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. T

Loess Bluffs National Wildlife Refuge

Located a couple of miles east of the Missouri River and southwest of Mound City Missouri is the Loess Bluffs National Wildlife Refuge. It's about 90 miles south of Omaha, NE. Various times of the year and depending on the weather patterns many animals and birds can be found here. My wife and I...
  2. T

Foxes in Nebraska

Last year around this time these guys were hanging around on the opposite bank of the recreational trail along the Papillion Creek. About 3 blocks from my house. They are not there this year. These vultures each have their own fence post.
  3. T

Birds in Nebraska and Iowa

I was encouraged by Bill to post some more pictures from Nebraska, since it's 2 years from this post. Here some of our local birds and some on their way somewhere else. Cormorants at Memphis (NE) State Recreation Area. Eagles in flooded area along interstate 29 in Iowa. Turkey Vultures just...
  4. T

Birds of the Missouri River Valley

I'll open a thread for pictures with the spirit of the PNW but a long way away. Here is a Great Blue Heron at Lake Manawa near Council Bluffs IA and a Lesser Yellow Legs in Arrowhead Park about 30 miles NE of Omaha. I didn't care for the first Heron picture. I readjusted the RAW photo. Please...
  5. T

Birds of Nebraska

You could make the case that not all the water that flows out of the Pacific Northwest goes to Pacific Ocean, some of the eastern water follows Lewis and Clark's path through Nebraska. That must be why I love the PNW so much. I have a nephew who lives in Oregon and on a trip to the Mount Rainier...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back