Edmonds (WA) Coyotes

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
A coyote had been spotted at the Edmonds marsh earlier in the week. I was at the marsh Tuesday evening (5-15-18) and suspected one was nearby due to the ruckus raised by crows on the other side of the treeline along Willow Creek. On cue, the coyote casually entered stage left.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

It went back to the creek, where I suspected it would work its way downstream in the hopes of catching a duck. It appeared in an opening in the foliage and played with a branch it tore off one of the trees. The coyote's behavior leads me to believe that a pet dog's desire to play fetch with a stick is instinctual.

IMG_0004.jpg

The coyote was not afraid to wade into water up to its chest.
IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
The coyote shook itself off and started playing. It chased its tail and found something to toss around like a kitten or puppy would do.
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
This went on for several minutes, after which the coyote ran around in circles through the cattails and grass.
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Should I be lucky enough to photograph more coyotes in the marsh or around town, I'll post my photos on this thread.

fiznatty

You get to the point as a photographer where the big goals and standout moments you're seeking typically involve some sort of unique behavior. I think this qualifies. :)

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com