PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Ruger 41
B

Ruger 41

Ruger 41 Blackhawk is a man sized gun and when loaded hot its almost too hot to handle. The 41 has one bad kick and sold hit. This one has a bigger pistol grip made for a bigger hand. You don't shoot this pistol with one arm stretched out use both hands.
Buchanan, we seem to have a problem here. This site is about PHOTOGRAPHY. Yes, this is a photo, but it look like a product photo for ebay, or something you'd post on Facebook. There's nothing special about the shot, it's just a snapshot of a gun. This isn't what we're looking for in the gallery.

B
Sometimes I just don't understand your stie. I have had over 200 photos taken off. Those were Historic Photos showing labels signs and emblems unique to the Pacific Northwest. Pictures of things not seen any more. There is more to photography than shots of rocks and water and trees.

Buchanan,

Those photos were fine, they just don't fit in with the gallery. This photo gallery has a couple of main subjects.

The first is to show how to take a certain type of photo. I did this, used that lens, and got this result. Here's a shot of X, I used this technique.

The second is to showcase locations that folks in the PNW can visit and photograph themselves. Landmarks, attractions and the like. If you see a location you like, you can visit it and take your own photos.

The third purpose is to give photographers a place to show off their best work. Photos they're proud of. Photos they might sell, or that they would show prospective clients as a sample of their work.

Photos of Pacific Northwest history are good, but this isn't the site for that. I can't host every photo anyone has taken that's somehow related to the Northwest. Apple Crates are cool, but 20 different photos of them, all taken straight on and looking like an ebay product listing, aren't really what we have in mind for a site about photography.

There's a lot of other places you can put those type of photos. Flickr, Smugmug, Zenfolio, Facebook. Finding a place to host photos is easy these days.

Take this photo for example... Is there anything a photographer can learn from this image? Did you use any special techniques? You provide a nice enough description of the gun, but not a word about the photo. Natural light or flash? Did you use any reflectors or other light modifiers? Is there more to this shot than a snapshot of a pistol on a stump?

Media information

Category
Sports and Event Photography
Added by
Buchanan
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back