PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Steam Donkey
D

Steam Donkey

A steam donkey high line bring logs up to the steam sawmill Lynden Wa. Tractor & Steam show
Love the shot (hey, I'm a steam fan!) but the tree with all the clutter on it keeps drawing my attention from the main subject. Part of the problem is that the stuff looks to be hanging there for no good reason. It's all logging stuff, but it's not functional where it's at, and I doubt they'd bother hanging it on a tree like that when it wasn't in use...

Of course all that whining is pretty much meaningless, since you can't do anything about it, except possibly to crop in tight on the donkey and the operator. Most folks won't know the difference and will probably like what you've got there.

Great can't believe I missed that show. I love logging history in the Northwest. And Bob yes I agree with your complaint but I think that the blocks could be the primary subject. I would love to see a more detail photo of those blocks.
Knowing D.Thurnau he probably has those photos.

Media information

Category
Sports and Event Photography
Added by
D.Thurnau
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back