Recent content by Mike Jordan

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. M

No travel bird photography

Nice shots. I've had bird feeders up for years and have generations of the more common yard birds that live around our house. When it's feeding time, they all come swarming in and aren't bothered by are dogs at all and as long as we aren't up next to the feeders or moving around to much, they...
  2. M

This thread needs a good title...

I'm afraid I feel the same... Both the first and second are almost "Wow" shots, but the bush limbs and leaves in front just takes too much away. There was probably nothing you could do and at least you got the shots. I don't know how many images I've taken (or not taken since I knew it wouldn't...
  3. M

some nice colors tonite

Nice shots. Did you send a sunset into Koin News the other night? They showed one that was from Rocky but it didn't say where it was taken at. That was a nice shot too if it was yours. Mike
  4. M

Trains Magazine - Polson Logging Co. No. 70 at Mineral, WA

Excellent shot for the cover too. Do they run the train very often or is it like the Portland trains that only come out every few years? Mike
  5. M

I really need some spring to come

If you guys didn't live so far north, you could have had 2 spring days like Portland has had. :D Mike
  6. M

Does anyone meet up and take photos?

Just about ever meet up I've been to, if there are more than 2 or 3 photographers that know each other (even through a forum like this, it's more of a social gathering than a photo event. Sure people bring cameras and pictures get taken, but for the most part it's a lot of enjoyable...
  7. M

Short Eared Owl - breaking the drought

Excellent shot, Bill. Mike
  8. M

Summer Flowers~7 Oaks Farm So. Oregon

Lots of pretty flowers with pretty good color. The color is washed out a bit from the sunlight but still pretty good. What you could do is get a translucent Photoflex Litedisc. They come in different sizes and fold down small enough that they fit in a camera bag. I have several different...
  9. M

Awwww... (warning! graphic cuteness!)

Hmmm, photo puns. Now that would be creative shooting. :D Mike
  10. M

Awwww... (warning! graphic cuteness!)

So tell us... who taught the pup to pose so nicely? Hmmm? You aren't doing fox training on the side are you? :D Excellent, Rocky. Mike
  11. M

Herding Ducks

Janice, my wife was there since Thursday evening and just got home about 20 minutes ago. She was the secretary for the club and took all the applications and did all the paper work. If you saw the woman with the big black Bouvier walking around with her, that was my wife. Saturday was the...
  12. M

Stevens Canyon waterfalls

Both are great, but you did a really good job on the first one. Mike
  13. M

bit off more than it could chew...

Great shot... but just think of the shot you could have gotten had it actually gotten the fish in it's mouth. :D Mike
  14. M

Hiking the Grassy Knoll Trail.

I can understand why you make the trek each year, Janice. All of the shots are excellent and would make great large pictures. Nice job. Mike
  15. M

visit to a volcano

Yep, Bob, that's what I meant. It seems while other parts around the mountain have been recovering very well over the years, from this angle it seems to be almost as desolate and bare as it has since the mountain blew. I didn't mean that Rocky seems to take the picture from the same angle year...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back