Summer Flowers~7 Oaks Farm So. Oregon

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Christena

7Oak11030ps.jpg

7Oak11009ps.jpg

7Oak11032ps.jpg

7Oak11035ps.jpg

4a...oops skipped a number...
7Oak11004ps.jpg

7Oaks11020ps1.jpg

7Oaks11026ps.jpg

7Oaks11020ps2.jpg

I'll give it a go.

I'm not any good at shooting flowers so this is just my humble amateur viewpoint. ;) Sombody with more experience may see things entirely differently.

#1 I like this a lot just as it is. :)
#2 The side-on composition leaves too much of the background in the scene for my taste, and with that much background it seems like it should be further out of focus.
#3 I like this one. too. I might have wished for both bees to be in focus, but that's just a nit. :)
#4 This one is perfect - the best of the bunch! :D
#4a Seems too bright. Are the flower petal tips overexposed?
#5 The subject doesn't seem to separate itself from the rest of the foliage.
#6 This one is good, too. The focus is clearly of the bee in front, but you were still able to get the critter in the back to be sharp enough for the viewer to make it out. :)
#7 Very nice point of view if the background had been the sky, as in #1, but as it is, the background (fence?) spoils it for me.

Well, there you have it - my very un-expert opinionated viewpoint.

2 and 4 look the same for what mike said on #2, #4 has the same background, 4A looks good to me, #3 not much DOF but it works in this because the out of focus background is all the same kind of flower. just a difference in opinions..LOL,

I like the whole set, Christena- some better than others, but they are all rather nice. 1,3,5,7, and 8 are my faves, though. 3 is MUY bonita!

Good job under the rather unforgiving harsh sun.

schweet! :)

Thanks for the comments...I agree with a goodly portion. I wish the passion flower wasn't up against the wood but that is an arch and they are all wound into and out of it so no opportunity for a blue sky backdrop :/. And YES the Dahlia was a bright red and white.

Lots of pretty flowers with pretty good color. The color is washed out a bit from the sunlight but still pretty good. What you could do is get a translucent Photoflex Litedisc. They come in different sizes and fold down small enough that they fit in a camera bag. I have several different sizes, from their small 12" up to their 32" when open size. These are great to hold over flowers and other things to diffuse the light a bit and bring out the colors more. They are good to reflect a little light into the shadows as well.

It's too bad that in our part of the country we only have flowers like this for a short time. Nice job.

Mike

Christena, they are very nice. My favorite is #1. I didn't know that the pink coned daisies were blooming already. Mine didn't even bud yet. I was thinking they were kind of late this year.

Christena, they are very nice. My favorite is #1. I didn't know that the pink coned daisies were blooming already. Mine didn't even bud yet. I was thinking they were kind of late this year.

Thanks Leia...everything is coming in late this year it's so weird. My neighbors sunflowers are finally coming up and they should be in bloom.

I agree! Number one is also my favorite! The oink coned daisies look fantastic when they bloom. Mine are just starting to get there, they are also running late. Everything is a bit late, I agree. My next flowers that I will add to my collection will be Cyclamen roses. I absolute love them.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back