Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. BrianH

Studio fun with Sara

Sara came out for an afternoon to shoot whatever came to mind with what he had available. Great fun setting up different lighting sets for different styles of shooting. great practice all are shot strobist style with sunpak 611 and 522, wireless triggers.
  2. BrianH

Miss Antionette

shot while I was in AZ this past winter. came down with a severe case of the shingles and my eye sight was just not right for months. back at it and able to edit a bit. hope you like
  3. BrianH

Just a sparrow?

not sure of the specific bird can anyone help me put a name to him?
  4. BrianH

Finally got out on vacation, Traveling the Southwest daily updates....maybe

Well I will try to update this thread daily or so as I have internet connection. Ali, I and the Samdog are on a trip around the southwest states and back home. We started down Through Yakima, Twin Falls and down to Moab Utah, where we are now. Down through Monument Valley and into AZ where...
  5. BrianH

Northern Lights over Vancouver Island

Sorta. Not he typical sheets you normally see as I was shooting through a marine layer but I still think they turned out pretty cool. The green is the normal color and the Orange and reds where seen for the first time during this Aurora. This shot was taken facing North east at 8:19 night...
  6. BrianH

Portage Head, Sooes Beach, Neah Bay, WA

I actually got away from the resort for a bit yesterday Ali and I walked several beaches and went out for Pizza to our favorite place. I really liked the reflections in this shot taken near dusk
  7. BrianH

Long exposure here at Chito Beach

a 30 Second exposure of the sunset tonight.........well actually facing east, sometimes its more interesting/ 30 second exposure F22 16mm 200 ND filter ISO 100
  8. BrianH

Photowalk 2011 random shots

My wife and I might be the only ones to go on the photowalk on this forum this year but if you did it would be great to share a few of your shots in this thread with us. Ali and I did the walk in Port Townsend, WA with about 40 others. A few random shots the walk.
  9. BrianH

Sunrises of different moods

I believe that the sunrises in WA are often much more spectacular than the sunsets. Here are a few of the different moods Gold and Gulls Long exposure am color burst Hope you enjoy and C&C always welcome
  10. BrianH

One light self portrait

been playing with new stuff, I need a better lookin model for sure! LOL C&C welcome
  11. BrianH

Playing with off camera flash

I designed a simple adjustable off camera flash setup for my lil studio. I kinda like the feel of the light Let me know whatcha think. Just single Key light Playing here LOL Key light camera left and overhead backdrop hair light (a Bit Hard)
  12. BrianH

Heron portrait

This Heron was hanging out around the place, I was able to get fairly close and get a few decent shots. He flew off as I tried to get a bit closer, I got to within about 100Ft away. shot with A580 and Sigma Bigma 400mm to 500mm handheld never noticed the flies hanging around the Herons before
  13. BrianH

maternity shoot

A first for me. We had a good friend and her 2 adult daughters over for dinner and took some family shots then moved into the studio to shoot a few maternity shots. C&C always welcomed
  14. BrianH

Dahlia from today

Man I missed my Carl Zeiss lens......just got it back
  15. BrianH

A few hummers and my shooting setup

I kinda cheat when shooting the hummingbirds, I stay indoors. Kinda cool shot with the hummer lit by the sun shining through the red water of the feeder Im able to get decent shots when the light is correct for my setup. usually before 10:00 am and after 3:00 pm I place my...
  16. BrianH

Roadside Waterfall

It has been a month or more since my last drive on the 101 around Lake Crescent. Low and behold there has been a new small waterfall spring up next to the highway. Luckily there was a pull off next to this one so I could take a few pics of it.
  17. BrianH

Tonights sunset.........yep the clouds parted

Sunset and sea foam
  18. BrianH

Another Golden Morning in Paradise

Well at least after one of those PNW storms the next day us usually pretty cool Sony A55, Minolta 35-70mm F4, shutter 1/2000, F4, ISO 100
  19. BrianH

Febuary Eagles on the West End

This is the time of year that the Far west end of the Olympic Peninsula is inundated with Bald Eagles. On a 1/2 mile walk from the resort I counted 15 bald eagles from juveniles to large adults. A few from this morning
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back