A Night in Lincoln City

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

It was about noon, last Saturday, when my wife and I decided that we needed a little fresh air. We packed a few snacks and headed for the coast.

Our typical route is out Hwy 126 to Florence, and then maybe to Yachats and back... a nice way to fill an afternoon. Feeling as though we had exhausted a little of the magic in that area, we ventured northward and eventually ended up in Lincoln City. A phone call later and we had a free room for the night in the Westshore Motel; an older building, but a great room with a spectacular view. There might be nothing as soothing as a night spend with open windows, listening to crashing waves. As a bonus, we even found one of the crafted art floats that the city hides on it's beaches, to encourage tourism.

An unexpected vacation... Unexpectedly VERY needed.

View attachment 6593

View attachment 6594

View attachment 6595

View attachment 6596

View attachment 6597

Love em all, I think my favorite would be the one of your wife holding the glass orb though.

I just want the float, Can I have it?

thanks for the pictures, makes me want to head over the hill and visit the seagulls

Thanks, everyone.

We sure were lucky to find that float. I had forgotten that Lincoln City was doing this until I saw it half buried beside a log.

And, no, DL, you may not have it. But I'll let you look at it through my living room window, though! ;)

I'm glad these images turned out so well. They were a ton of fun to shoot :)

Love Lincoln City and really enjoyed your pics Hoedadkid!! I am with Rocky as I really like #2 and especially #4! The float is also very cool!!!!
Good memories from Lincoln City, THANKS!!

Ron

I cannot pick a favorite as anything ocean or coastal is something I love!!! My only question is what are the little dots in the clouds above the water line in #1?

All these shots are just gorgeous and love how well you captured motion...

As a side note you can get the floats in Lincoln City, if you have the time you can even blow one yourself. I think there is a place in Newport as well that lets you blow them with assistance.

Thanks, Russ, Ron, Christena, and Shadow :)

Those dots above the horizon in number 1 are birds flying just off of the water about a half-mile out. I thought that they were dust, as well, before I investigated further.

I appreciate all of the feedback and wonderful comments.
Mucho gratci!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back