Alex- outdoor portraits

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I absolutely love the MSH visitors center off 504. There is a beautiful mix of forest and marsh lands, a boardwalk over the water, and rows of foxglove.

5943535213_8fdd44d922_z.jpg

5944089988_fd084a42db_z.jpg
5944088928_b345c9831e_z.jpg

5943532185_0b300c2451_z.jpg

C&C always welcome!
- Cassidy

Good light in her eyes in all shots. She should not have her photo taken in sleeveless outfits like this. IN 1 & 2 the fact that she is sleeveless and the shoulder pointed into the camera only makes her size look bigger. I think she is slouching in the last 2, for sure in the last one. Straighter her spine and this would slim her down some.

Watch the background. Is that a foxglove growing out of her head in the next to last shot?

I didnt particularly love what she was wearing. I liked the idea of the sundress, but I agree that it makes her look larger, especially the fact that the top portion of the dress is ill-fitting.

She was really a sweet girl. Very fun to work with.. I've just noticed that people nowdays have terrible posture. Not just kids, adults too. I know my parents always made me stand up straight, look your best. I guess its just not that important to people anymore.

If you are going to do portrait's it is your job to make people look their best. This is done thru proper posing - including posture, lighting, and other techniques. If you have a sloucher then it's your job to get them to straighten that back. It slims your subject and makes them look better.

If she is slumping then say something like "We need to adjust the pose a bit. Do you mind if I show you?" You can then put a hand on her shoulder, assuming she has it covered as in the last two shots - try to avoid touching bare skin. Then gently push on her lower mid spine to straighter her back. You can even tell her it might feel uncomfortable but to trust you, she'll look great in the finished photo. The other thing this does is flatters her figure by sticking the breast out. Try to avoid telling her to sit up straight or to stop slouching... you'll sound like her parents. :)

For this girl having her lift her chin would help as well.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back