Are you tired of owls yet?

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Barred Owl. I was lucky to catch them mating tonight, unfortunately not with my camera. Still fun to watch. I am hoping for owlets sometime in the future. :)

Barred Owl.jpg

Barred Owl 2.jpg

Barred Owl 3.jpg

I never get tired of photographing our local barred owls. I guess my pleasure is in the hunt, because when I get home I ask myself "How many photographs of sleeping owls do I need?"

I have yet to get any good flight shots as they don't start moving about until the light gets too poor for photos. I want to get photos of their babies this year if they have any.

They were flying tonight, but too high and too fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Never get tired of owls. I'm a known owl lover from way back, and I think the owls know it, too.
This first shot garnered the front page of the Bellingham Herald a few years back, when we were all using slide film.
:)
BarredOwl_100010001.JPG

This is a four month-old in Whatcom Falls Park.
BDOW0915Sm.JPG

I love the owls.... for some reason i havent gotton a good shot of one.. Were these at Ridgefield Janice??

Lovely setting, Janice. I may have to head down to Discovery Park to see if I can track any down there later today.

Max

Lovely setting, Janice. I may have to head down to Discovery Park to see if I can track any down there later today.

Max

Or you can hop over to Edmonds. The Yost Park pair has been calling to each other in mid afternoon fairly regularly the past week. We located one of them again today by following its calls.

Should have, Bill. I struck out at Discovery. Tomorrow I'll head down to Nisqually to look for the great horned nest there. Maybe if I get done early I can make a detour to Yost on the way back.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back