Artist Point

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
a few shots taken Thursday at Artist Point, near Mt. Baker in the northern Cascade mountains of Washington. Canon 5D, Tammy 24-135, various focal lengths and exposures...

artistpointsm.jpg

tarnatartistpointsm.jpg

artistpointII.jpg

IMG_9274smrdx_filtered.jpg

these are all very nice. the compositions are all well balanced and interesting. i think #3 is my favorite but i like how in #2 you can see through the water to the bottom. it adds so much dimension.

They're all great, the last shot is real nice, but I"m most impressed with the second shot and how you can see right through the water. Very cool!

As much as I like seeing the water clear too, my fave is #3. I love the complete scene, with the natural framing and the depth it creates. It takes me there.

Thesse are all fantastic. I think my favorite is the last.

I'm not familiar with the Mt. Baker area. How much of a hike is this to get there?

thanks, everyone...

Thesse are all fantastic. I think my favorite is the last.
I'm not familiar with the Mt. Baker area. How much of a hike is this to get there?

Janice, the hike to this spot is less than half a mile. you drive up to Artist Point parking lot, and follow the trail south (toward Mt. Shuksan) along a short ridge. it's a well maintained path, so it's not a difficult hike unless you've got knee issues - some places are a bit steep and rough. the main limitation on getting there is the road to Artist Point itself... it's only open from about mid-July until the end of September or early October, when the first snow falls. the rest of the year, the road is closed just past the ski area. the basic directions are - take I-5 to Bellingham, then take the exit for Hwy 542 (Mt. Baker Highway). Stay on that road, and drive until you can't go any farther.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back