Back in Action - Blue Heron

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

DeddoArts

Hello!
I've been absent from the forum for the last couple years due to having gone through the long process of packing, moving, selling the old place, and regaining my sanity ;) I've been shooting when I can, but fell far behind in editing and uploading anything (even to my site) I'm hoping to get back into being active in this forum, it was always a great place to go to for inspiration... to that end, I'm sharing one of my latest. I was fortunate to move into a neighborhood with a small lake which is frequented by plenty of wildlife... one early morning in January I saw this heron at the edge of the water and I dashed back home to nab my camera. Shot with my Pentax K-5, 300mm.

heron.jpg

welcome back! love that soft, morning light... but that poor heron looks COLD!! looks like you were able to get pretty close to him, too!

Thank you! :) It was shot right after sunrise... the heron came to visit the same spot on particularly cold mornings. I was able to get close by using the bridge as somewhat of a blind.

Now that you are settled in at your new digs and regained your sanity, I hope to see more of your photos posted here. If you are fond of herons, we have a lot of them here in Edmonds.

Thanks Bill :) Herons are one of my favorites, but I'm a sucker for any birding opportunity. I'm hoping to get out more as the weather clears up more on the weekends

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back