Baker Lake

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
another shot from my trip to Baker Lake last Tuesday... this one's a wider view, taken just before i left for the day. it was bright and sunny when i got there at midday, but by late afternoon, the clouds were moving in. the high, thin overcast cost me some contrast, but it also softened the light, which helped with the snow... shot with my 5D and 24-135 lens at 59mm, using a grad ND filter, 1/40 @ f/13. processed with ReDynaMix to bring out more detail in the foreground, then tweaked the colors and contrast a bit to make it all "pop". i'm definitely going back there this fall, to see what it looks like with those trees on the shoreline in full autumn color!! ;)

BakerLakesm.jpg

Very nice! You're right, they'll really look great in fall colors. I think you've got a great location there, and you have found some really good shots.

The more I look at this one, the more I like it. What really impresses me is how you have the reflection of the trees on the water, yet at the same time you can actually see through the water to the bottom of the lake. I wouldn't have thought you could have both at once. That is really neat, and definitely adds to the shot in my opinion.

What's ReDynaMix? I've never heard of that program. Is it a stand-alone, or a Photoshop plug-in? What all does it do?

Bob, ReDynaMix is a Photoshop plug-in that simulates HDR but only works with a single image. like regular HDR programs, if you overdo it, things look hokey, but if you use it sparingly, it's really useful for drawing details out of shadow areas in high-contrast photos. it's only $16, and you can check it out here...
http://www.mediachance.com/plugins/redynamix.html

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back