Bald Eagle shots from this morning

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Penny, there are two parts to a DSLR camera. The camera body and the lens.

The Camera Body Chito is using probably cost him anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 (or more). But the lens he's using also cost him another $1,000 or more.

Taking photos of birds is not a cheap hobby...

The camera doesn't matter in this case, it's the lens. He's using a 500 mm, which is a very long (and very expensive) telephoto lens. They make them for both Canon and Nikon, and they'll work on all but the basic models of both brands.

If he's using the one I think he is, you probably won't be buying one any time soon, and neither will I for that matter, since they are quite high priced...

Sorry Ive been out of pocket for a week or so. The camera is an inexpensive Sony A100 and the lens is the Sigma, 50-500mm F4 lens. I bought it used from BH photo for around 600.00 for the lens the camera body can be bought from Sony for 399.00 with warranty

Last edited:
I missed this one while I was gone hunting. Nicely done capturing the whites and darks in the sun.

thank you now i have a better understanding can you also buy a canon or a nikon with the lens that you have on yours? sigma lens 50-500mm f4 lens

thank you now i have a better understanding can you also buy a canon or a nikon with the lens that you have on yours? sigma lens 50-500mm f4 lens

Yes the good and bad thing about DSLR's is that they have interchangeable lenses. So if you purchase a canon sigma makes lenses to fit that Canon, same with Nikon , Sony and Pentax. All build quality products and have a wide variety of lenses available for them

so if i buy a canon or a nikon can i order a lens 50-500mm f4 lens if they dont have it in the store. because i like taking close up picture like you. last year i took a picture of a eagle and i was only 50 feet away from it and it didnt come out very clear at all maybe i should post my eagle so you can see it too

so if i buy a canon or a nikon can i order a lens 50-500mm f4 lens if they dont have it in the store. because i like taking close up picture like you. last year i took a picture of a eagle and i was only 50 feet away from it and it didn't come out very clear at all maybe i should post my eagle so you can see it too

Eagles are tough to get close too. They are wary of humans. I dont think Ive ever been that close! There could be 100 different reasons why your picture did not come out as you hoped.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back