bufflehead boogie

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
feeling a bit under the weather today, so i stayed home, rested, and did some fiddling with some of my older files. this one kinda caught my eye as i was foraging through my library, so i pulled it out and reprocessed it a bit... originally captured this little fella about a year ago, hauling it across Juanita Bay. these li'l suckers are fast, but i managed to get some of the iridescence on his li'l head as he zoomed by... ;) 40D, 100-400 @ 400mm, 1/3200 @ f/5.6...

IMG_1889sma_filtered-2.jpg

Nice! I've been lucky enough to capture the irridescence before when the light was just right, but I've never seen one of these guys flying. Great job.

I have yet to get a good shot of anything flying except a hummingbird. But they hover so I guess they don't count. Good job.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back