Cape Kiwanda

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

ddietiker

16-35 @ 35mm, f16 ISO-50 and a CP mostly because it is easier to clean the spray off it than the front element. Had to keep an eye out for big waves...

original.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful shot. How long of an exposure did you use?

Not trying to be picky, but you should put an apostrophe in "Nature's". :)

Great image Douglas. I have some very fond memories of that place and my Hang Gliding days.

Cape Kiwanda can be such a beautiful place as your capture proves.

Beautiful shot. How long of an exposure did you use?

Not trying to be picky, but you should put an apostrophe in "Nature's". :)

Thanks

It was a half second exposure, as you can tell, spelling and punctuation aren't my strong suites. English wasn't my favorite class as I am extremely dyslexic and rode the small bus to special ed., I knew I wouldn't do well anyway so I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Another great shot. Interesting that it's only 1/2 second, I'd have probably guessed it was longer.

Thanks

It was a half second exposure, as you can tell, spelling and punctuation aren't my strong suites. English wasn't my favorite class as I am extremely dyslexic and rode the small bus to special ed., I knew I wouldn't do well anyway so I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Thanks for the info Doug. As others have said, I would have guessed a little longer exposure.

As for the punctuation comment, I hope I didn't hit a nerve. I only mentioned it in case you were planning on putting it out for wider distribution. Among us message board folks, who gives a rip?

Thanks for the info Doug. As others have said, I would have guessed a little longer exposure.

Nope, it was extremely bright. That is the reason for ISO-50 and f16, I was trying to keep it about half a second. I could have shot this at f11/ISO-100 and still had the DOF I needed, but wouldn't have had the shutter speed I wanted.

As for the punctuation comment, I hope I didn't hit a nerve. I only mentioned it in case you were planning on putting it out for wider distribution. Among us message board folks, who gives a rip?

Just frustrating sometimes. I appreciate the comment.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back