Colorful ringnecks

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Tony S

Dang, it's tough to get these guys early in the season. Later after they've been hunted they will hold and let you get close, right now they take off running as soon as you spot them.

392906927.jpg

392906925.jpg

Then they take off into the sun...
392906923.jpg

I'll tell ya Jake...the DO! I have on in my living room! :D

Nice captures! I can remember when I was little, my Grammy had a few that would frequent her back yard. She rung us up one afternoon, me, my brother and my Dad all loaded up the 2 rifles and headed over to "get 'em". We parked on the street and crept into the back yard. Both my brother and Dad shot about the same time. My brother (about 10 at the time) got his....and after seeing it flop to the ground, my Dad ran into the woods after the few he missed. He strolled back, head down, nothing to show for his loss of breath. My brother, in his bright orange hat and huge grin shows his prize to Dad. My Grammy made pheasant stew that night for dinner. YUUUM! I'll never forget that.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back