Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

PhilGil

Visited the Crystal Springs Rhododendron garden a few days ago after work. This is the most beautiful time of year at the garden as the rhodies are all in bloom. Here are a few shots from the visit...

There are several manmade waterfalls waterfalls in the garden, but in close-ups they look quite natural.

532470060_hSZWE-XL.jpg

A bit less natural in this view, but pretty nonetheless.

532470348_B4GS7-XL.jpg

A nice set of stone steps.

532470664_GR8Km-XL.jpg

Looking a bit worse for wear, these primroses still looked pretty.

532515228_Z5Bm2-XL.jpg

Another visitor enjoying the garden.

532515441_hJ7d2-XL.jpg

This wood duck was also enjoing the garden

532514354_fUwa5-XL.jpg

I should know the name of these flowers, but it escapes me. Any ideas?

532515528_rHyNv-XL.jpg

And I'll finish with a rhododendron.

532515724_kXD4j-XL.jpg

I have a few more shots in my Crystal Springs gallery if you're a glutton for punishment.

Last edited:
I've never heard of the Crystal Springs Rhododendron garden, where is it located? Yes, I'm sure I could Google it, but I'm guessing others who read the thread may have the same question...

I've never heard of the Crystal Springs Rhododendron garden, where is it located?
It's in inner southeast Portland, not far from downtown and a few blocks south and east of Brooklyn Yard :) . Most of the year it's a hidden treasure - when I went there after work it was almost deserted. It's most popular with locals on Mother's Day weekend, when the rhodies are at their best and the Rhododendron Society sponsors an open house and plant sale.

http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?PropertyID=27&action=ViewPark

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back