Everett ospreys

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went back to the osprey nest down by Dagmar's Landing this evening, and spent about 2 hours sitting in my car waiting for something to happen. i've found that if i stay in the car, the osprey don't spook as easily, and since i was parked about 30 yards from the nest, i didn't feel the need to get out and try to get closer. would've buggered the angle anyway... shot with the 7D and 100-400 with polarizer, various settings, mostly at 400mm, mostly at f/8...

bringin' home the bac... er, fish!

IMG_6035crop_filteredsm_zps91e8332d.jpg

final approach...

IMG_6037crop_filteredsm_zpsb9f275a5.jpg

okay kids, i brought home some take-out...

IMG_6041_filteredsm_zpsd4788ea4.jpg

i am mighty!

IMG_6046cropsm_zps11e328e3.jpg

more fish? sheesh! don't you kids ever get full?

IMG_6054cropsm_zps51adc844.jpg

Good shots. Based in my experience with the Meadowdale osprey, I doubt it would bother them if you sat under the nest, although your photo angle may not be good.

Good shots. Based in my experience with the Meadowdale osprey, I doubt it would bother them if you sat under the nest, although your photo angle may not be good.

yeah, sitting under the nest and shooting straight up isn't much good... can't see anything that's going on in the nest, and only the undersides of the birds approaching to land!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back