Falls around mt rainier

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

SubtleSTI

Still processing some of them but this one is my favorite so far.

20110627-IMGP4482.jpg

is that the one on Stevens Canyon road, right there in the corner next to the road just before you head up to Lake Louise and Sunbeam Falls? i like the comp, but it looks like there's some gray in the highlights, especially on the upper right side of the falls...like maybe a bit too much burning there, or perhaps some selective level adjustments that went a bit too far?

Last edited:
Heres another fall, it was on the north east side of the mountain. Nearly missed it, its right off the road on the left hand side through a little gap in the trees.

20110627-IMGP4366.jpg

Ya that sounds about right. Its in a left hand curve after a stone bridge.

that's the one. it's never been officially named, but it's a very picturesque little cascade. looks like the snow's mostly gone up there, at least at that elevation... did you go as far as Paradise? How's the snow at Reflection Lakes?

With all the late snowpack this is definitely a good year for getting waterfalls. Tough someitmes to capture the detail in the highlihgts though unless it's before/after daylight.

Later on it should be a short colorful burst of flowers up on the mountain, but don't think they will last long.

We did go up to paradise, it was packed with people! Reflection lake is still snowed over unfortunately. :( It was an awesome drive though.

According to the Northwest Waterfall Survey, the proposed name for this fall is "Picture Frame Falls"

http://www.waterfallsnorthwest.com/nws/waterfall.php?st=WA&num=1314

That's a very nice shot, much better than any shots I've managed to get. The only decent shot I can find of this one was taken on a cold and wet day, and there was still snow on the ground. It's a drab day in my shot, and the light is flat.

Usually this falls doesn't even have enough water to bother with. I've driven past it several times in the summer, and even shot the falls right next to it, but never bothered with this one, apparently due to it not being photogenic, probably due to low flow.

View attachment 7019

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back