First Snow.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I decided to run up to Mount Hood to get the first dusting of snow before the next couple of warm days. Caught some of the golden light of the late afternoon too. Your suggestions are appreciated.

3903478710_e5a4e7f029_o.jpg

3902736463_b20c36749d_o.jpg

3902752775_0ee2915a47_o.jpg

3902752869_9f976ba485_o.jpg

They are all great. I saw the snows there and on St Helens this morning. That third image is WOW. I love the crop, tones and depth. And oh yeah, the subject matter is beautiful. I am partial to dirt and rock scapes. :)

Leia, I think there is a beauty in the harshness of the rocks. Thank you for your comment.

Being from the Pacific NorthWET, I prefer the second one the best. However, Leia is correct that the third shot is also very nice, and as you mention, the hardness ads to the feeling.

Bob, I think most people do. It's really about green and wildflowers. Probably because we are so gray most of the time.

Okay. I guess I am still a desert girl at heart. I admit it. :)

*just put the electric blanket back on this week after 8 weeks off it*

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back