flowers n' shtuff

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Thanks! My clothes have the dirt stains to vouch for my lyingonthegroundgetlowshootedness :)

Last edited:
lyingonthegroundgetlowshootedness is one of the best techniques and you execute it very well.

gorgeous! send some of that up this way, willya? it's been nothing but gloomy and wet here... :(

Thanks, dudes.

People must think I'm crazy when they see me lying on the ground, half-contorted, camera in hand.lol.

I'm sick of the gloomy, too. Yesterday was much needed.

I've sent that yellow thing your way, Rocky ;)

all are beautiful! the second one is my favorite. I feel really awkward when laying on the ground to get that low perspective but sometimes it is needed to pull that perfect shot.

Thanks, Kevin. Yeah, gotta be done sometimes. People usually stare puzzled as they walk by, but every once in awhile you get another photographer who sees you and just grins...

Great... (rips up patent paperwork on lyingonthegroundgetlowshootedness) I thought I was the only one! (grinning!) That is my style when I go and shoot the tulips in Skagit County every spring! Most folks stare, because I am usually immersed in a mud puddle, with all the gear up high on a berm. Sometimes the wife comes with, and acts as the assistant, passing bodies, and swapping lenses, while juggling rags and umbrellas.

Last edited:
Nice group of shots.

Last time I tried the "lyingonthegroundgetlowshootedness" method someone tried to start CPR on me.
395681428.jpg

Rob- lol. Sorry to out your technique, but I like your style! The difference between us is that my wife usually walks away and pretends like she doesn't know me when I'm flopped over on the ground for a shot.

Tony- hahaha! I figure I should relish my lyingonthegroundgetlowshootedness whil I've still got it. It seems to get a little tougher to get up each time though. I should probably get a LifeAlert bacelet in the coming years ;)

Ugggh, I hate Life Alert. You have no idea how many times I've been sent on a call at work when someone was "just checking to see if it works".

Love them but the first 2 are my favs. How did you get the blur in there? In shooting or editing? It almost looks liquified in places. I have tons of blossom photos on file and would love to edit them to look like this.

Tony-

Haha. Ok, well, NOT "haha." That's terrible. You'd think there should be some sort of penalty for those abusing an emergency device like that. I know that with my emergency GPS locator beacon, there is a HUGE fine if I activate it and am not truly in need of assistance. Maybe you should start carrying a yardstick around with you for those folks who are "just checking to see if it works." ;) So, you are an EMT or firefighter, I take it!? Very cool.

Chito- Thanks! Glad you like 'em :)

Christena-

Almost ZERO editing. That's the beauty of my macro lens. Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro. At 2.8, the DOF will look EXTREME like that. All that I did to those two photos was adjust the clarity a fuzz in ACR, and then sized and sharpened them in CS3. Get yo self a macro lens, girl!!! I'm glad you like 'em. I'll take your slight jealousy as a compliment ;) Finally! Someone a tad jealous about one of my shots... WAHOOOO!!!!!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back