Franklin Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
took a little drive up to Franklin Falls, near Snoqualmie Pass, today. the river's down after a long, dry summer, but that makes the falls a bit less boisterous, and there's less spray to deal with, so it's not a bad thing to shoot at low water... i included the last one with people in it for scale. all were processed in Photomatix to lighten up the shadows just a bit. ;) 5D, 24-135 @ various settings.

IMG_5600smtonemapped.jpg

IMG_5642smcopy2__copy_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_5698tonemappedsm.jpg

Very nice...

I notice you mention processing them in Photomatix. I take it you're doing simulated HDR with a single image and using tone mapping?

How does that compare with using the "fill light" command in Lightroom or CS4?

Very nice...

I notice you mention processing them in Photomatix. I take it you're doing simulated HDR with a single image and using tone mapping?

How does that compare with using the "fill light" command in Lightroom or CS4?

couldn't say... i don't have either of those programs. it's fairly similar in terms of effect to the "fill flash" function in PSP9, but it tends to bump the saturation more.

nice. i like #2 most i think. how far of a hike is it to these falls?

from the road to the Denny Creek trailhead, it's about one mile. you can park just before you cross the bridge if there's room; if not, you'll have to drive to the actual trailhead itself about half a mile up the road, to park.

Photomatrix processing

How do you process just one image in Photomatrix? I always get this message:

At least two differently exposed images are needed. Please select more than one image file

I've had to process the image in Lightroom 2.0 first and saved it as two seperate images before I could do this. What is your secret?

How do you process just one image in Photomatrix? I always get this message:

At least two differently exposed images are needed. Please select more than one image file

I've had to process the image in Lightroom 2.0 first and saved it as two seperate images before I could do this. What is your secret?

same as yours... i make duplicates of the original, adjust levels to simulate different exposures, then pull the copies into Photomatix and process as HDR.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back