"free fly day"

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went up to Everett today for the first "free fly day" of the season at Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Museum. Every couple of weeks from early June through September, the museum takes a couple of their warbirds out for an "exercise flight", and the public can watch for free. today, the two aircraft were a Curtiss P-40C in the markings of the American Volunteer Group "Flying Tigers", and Japanese A6M2 Zero on its first public flight since restoration was completed. kinda fun to watch these old birds fly again...

IMG_9196croppssm.jpg

IMG_9205cropps1_filteredsm.jpg

IMG_9212croprdxps_filteredsm.jpg

IMG_9238cropsm.jpg

Great shots, Rocky.

These look like they were taken right up there with the planes. You WERE on the ground, weren't you? :) C.

Damn, I wasn't aware they were going to fly until I saw them flying over my house. Too late, I have to keep up with the free fly days. They are amazing.

Always thinking of myself..... Great shots. I take it they gave you some great flybys..

Always thinking of myself..... Great shots. I take it they gave you some great flybys..

thanks, Lou. yeah, they did the usual low-level fly-bys... specifically for all the photogs lined up alongside the runway...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back