Gale Creek, redux

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
poking around Gale Creek, near Lake Kachess in the Washington Cascades, last Friday, and got this shot of a little waterfall...

IMG_1000sm.jpg

]

I like the juxtaposition of this photo. The cool yet rushing water of the creek next to the warm but calm leaf nestled in the soft mosses on the hard surface of the boulder.

I agree with Arline...

And, sorry, but I've gotta ask. :)

Was the leaf there, or did you place it there? It adds a wonderful touch of color, but if it was there without any help from you, then maybe you should have bought a Lottery ticket on the way home as it was definitely your lucky day.

I agree with Arline...

And, sorry, but I've gotta ask. :)

Was the leaf there, or did you place it there? It adds a wonderful touch of color, but if it was there without any help from you, then maybe you should have bought a Lottery ticket on the way home as it was definitely your lucky day.

LOL! i don't buy lotto tickets... the state takes enough of my money already, without me giving them more. besides, unemployment doesn't pay well enough to give any of it away...

as for the leaf... there was one there the day before, but when i returned, it had blown away, so i "replaced" it... i know, that's cheating, but i won't tell if you don't! ;)

LOL! i don't buy lotto tickets... the state takes enough of my money already, without me giving them more

Smart man! Here's my favorite quote on the lottery etc.

"Gambling is a self-imposed tax on people who aren't good at math..."

...as for the leaf... there was one there the day before, but when i returned, it had blown away, so i "replaced" it... i know, that's cheating, but i won't tell if you don't! ;)

That's cheating? Are you sure?

Let's say it wasn't a leaf, but rather a person. If you'd posed somebody next to the waterfall, would that have been cheating? For example, a shot of a bride... Is it OK to pose them there, or should you just hang out by the stream waiting for a wedding party to wander past. ;)

OK, I'm being a bit silly, but I don't really think it's cheating, at least not too much. Most folks won't even think about it, and those who do think about it much more likely to say "Nice composition!" rather than "No fair!"

okay, so it's not "cheating"... let's just call it "giving mother nature a helping hand"... :D i only regard it as such because i prefer to photograph nature as i find it, rather than "staging" my shots. still, as you say, no one's gonna know unless i tell them (though a few like yourself may suspect...), and it does add a nice touch to the composition... ;)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back