haven't been posting a lot of landscapes lately...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
but i'll be getting out more now that the trees have greened up and the warmer weather is here. meanwhile, here's a shot i got about a week ago up on Whidbey Island - heading back toward the Clinton ferry dock late in the day when a squall moved in, leaving just a bright patch on the far horizon. you can see the rain on the right side of the image... anyway, i liked the light, and the very moody, evocative feel of the scene, and apparently others did too.. there were several cars stopped along the road, with folks taking shots of this unique light... 5DII, 24-105 @ 80mm, 1/6400 @ f/4.5

The%20Dying%20Light%20ps_zpsegi8xswl.jpg

Great shot. It looks more like a painting than a photo.

thanks, Bill. i suspect that's one reason people were stopping to look and take photos... the subtle lighting, the shades of light and dark, the faint traces of rain in the sky... far cry from the tack-sharp bird shots i've been going for most of the past few months!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back