Hawkish

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I stopped by Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge yesterday. Boy what a few days of rain will do. Things are starting to green up and the birds are starting to flock to the refuge.

What was really stunning was the hawk activity. There were red tail hawks, northern harriers and even bald eagles everywhere. Here is a series I caught of one red tail hawk.

View attachment 8996

View attachment 8997

View attachment 8998

gee, you must have a really good camera or lens to take good shots of those birdies :)

It's hard to tell in the web photos but the grass in the front of the hawk in #3 looks sharper than the bird. I don't know if you're front-focusing or I'm just seeing things. Maybe lower shutter speed is slightly blurring the bird.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back