Hello from Alki Beach, Seattle, WA

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Lars

Hi Everyone!

It's nice to have a localized forum. I'm looking for a MacBook Pro 17" in the future and use Lightroom 3 and possibly Elements on it. I like to take pics of sporting events, landscapes, people, wildlife, old buildings. I want to visit as many National Parks before I die to see what God has given us and the ability to see it and share with others. Not interested in selling pics, that would make my enjoyable hobby into work. I retired last year and want to relax and have a good time while I am still able.

Lars:)

welcome aboard, Lars! you're a few years ahead of me in retiring - i can't pull the handle for another 6 years or so - but i think we share the same goal for our "golden years"! :)

Thanks Rocky!

Golden Years? I know you aren't referring to $!! My friends and family say I'm in my sunset years because I send them so many sunset pictures. LOL

Lars

At least I had a job that I enjoyed very much. I worked 5 years more than I had to. Then it turned into too much administrative work instead of field work.

Lars

yeah, weren't you sitting next to me at the Digital Expo in Lynwood?

Lars

Yep, I was... In fact, I'd just sent you a PM asking if that was you or not. (I thought it was you, but didn't recall you name so I wasn't certain of it.)

Nice Forum Bob. Have it bookmarked and located right next to Nikonians and DPReview forums on my favorites list.

By the way, I'll share something with the rest of you that I mentiond to Lars on Sunday when I gave him one of my business cards.

Notice how calm the water looks on the forum logo photo http://www.pnwphotos.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/26/title/seattle-skyline/cat/526

How do you get the water on Elliot Bay to be that calm? Well, you can either wait for a day with no wind, and no boats disturbing the water (good luck with that...) or use a time exposure. The time exposure on this images "averages out" the waves, and gives a pretty nice reflection on what was in actuality fairly choppy water.

I'd have to pull the exif info to be certain, but I seem to recall an exposure in the 20 to 30 second timeframe.

Nice Forum Bob. Have it bookmarked and located right next to Nikonians and DPReview forums on my favorites list.

Thanks Lars, glad you liked it, we're quickly becoming the most popular forum about photography in the Pacific Northwest. Hopefully you'll stop by often, and be sure and post some of your photos!

Okay Bob. I have tons of photos. Lived in Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Oregon, Wisconsin and Washington. I need Lightroom to organize them for me.

Lars

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back