Hello from Amboy WA

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

DonnaB

I was just introduced to this sight! Looks like fun. I have purchased a Nikon D90, and I am having a wonderful time clicking away. I have a 2 year old Grandson now, and luckily he is quite the ham. I live on a farm in the sticks, and hope to get some nice nature shots. Ok thats it for now. I am going to get checking out this sight!
Donna

Welcome to the Forum

Welcome to the forum from the sticks... We look forward to seeing your work and what the "sticks" look like.

Sticks and stones....

Isn't the whole Pacific Northwest "the Sticks"? :) That's why we live here, all these trees and stuff, rivers, streams, oceans. Ah yes, the sticks.... And all those volcanoes sticking up thru, waiting for us to take their pictures. My idea of heaven. Have fun looking, then get to work posting. :D C.

Hello Donna!!

The Amboy I lived near and used to visit (in Amboy California) was indeed the sticks. Population: 23 last count I heard of. :)

Actually Cher....Now that I am up here in the Pacific Northwest, I feel like I am living in the "big city" now. It is wall to wall people here....with sidewalks, and streetlights....oh my!

Hahahah, Leia,

I grew up in Yucca Valley, twenty-five miles from Twenty-Nine Palms. Know Amboy well, all three streets! :D Was born in LA, tho. Worked there too. Odd combo of city/country/desert rat. I'll take Beaverton, OR any day. Have 100 ft. fir trees in my front yard, yet live in a "civilized" neighborhood on a cul de sac. Every possible convenience is nearby, I am an hour from the ocean, less from a real forest or the Cascades. If I go for a short walk, I can see Mt. Hood. What more could anybody want? This IS heaven. C.

Cher, I used to work in the 29 Palms office! When they were short, I was paid to drive there from Apple Valley to cover and help them out. I spent many MANY weekends at Joshua Tree when I got bored.

I still don't like houses this close together, street lights and traffic. But as far as big city living, it is very nice here. :)

Leia, it's old home week, huh?

I'm guessing I have a few years on you. :) When we moved to Yucca (in 1955! :eek:) I was in grade school. Twarn't nothin' but sage brush and rattlers. Ha! My uncle and dad built a golf course there. The Marines used it for years. Seemed to be gone last time we drove thru a few years back. Lived in Yucca thru my first year of high school at Twenty-nine Palms. :p Left for the metropolis of Hemet. :rolleyes: Then back to LaLa Land for my career (programmer -- they call themselves "software engineers/designers" nowadays ;) ). After living in LA, Beaverton, in fact just about any town up here, is the right size.... C.

Hello Donna and welcome aboard!

Hope you enjoy the forum, and please post some of your photos so we can see your work. It's always interesting to see how somebody else sees the world through their lens.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back