Hello from Oklahoma!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Dekzper

Hi, I'm an amateur but I'm def all about photography. I like taking photos of nature, animals, and architecture. I hope to learn more here. :)

LOL! It's extreme SE Washington just above Texas! J/K. And I'd def rather be living near the space needle! Thanx for the welcome! I know I wont be able to really contribute to the NWP photos but, after seeing Bob's photos, I decided this would be an awesome place to learn more about photo techniques.

LOL! Thanx for that! :) I'm just a newbie photographer but I'll def be happy to share! I'll just be sure to label them Oklahoma so nobody gets confused & thinks Washington is a prairie state, lol!

LOL! It's extreme SE Washington just above Texas! J/K. And I'd def rather be living near the space needle! Thanx for the welcome! I know I wont be able to really contribute to the NWP photos but, after seeing Bob's photos, I decided this would be an awesome place to learn more about photo techniques.

Actually, you can contribute. Everyone is welcome! Please, feel free to post your photos. We even have a section in the photo gallery for images taken outside of the Pacific Northwest.

http://www.pnwphotos.com/gallery/index.php/cat/508

The only thing specific to the Pacific Northwest is the location discussions. Often we'll have folks talking about "I'm going to the Olympic Mountains, what should I shoot?" or "Where's the best view of downtown Seattle for night shots?"

The vast majority of the discussions cover subjects that work just fine anywhere. Exposure, compensation and the like don't change at the Idaho border. So much of what we talk about will be of interest to you.

Thanx Jake & thanx Bob! :) I already have 13 photos ready to post! And I def know I'm going to learn a lot here! Someday (soon I hope) I might even graduate to a Canon camera!

I tried but it puts up a box that says the category I chose can't contain photos. ??

Last edited:
Thanx Jake & thanx Bob! :) I already have 13 photos ready to post! And I def know I'm going to learn a lot here! Someday (soon I hope) I might even graduate to a Canon camera!

Going to Kindergarten? LOL what do ya shoot now?

A Sony Cybershot. But I had a Canon last summer and it was awesome!

Dont just set on one brand, Nikon, Sony, Canon, Pentax. There are many cameras out there and one perfect to suit our needs. Research before you buy........now post a pic already:D

Dont just set on one brand, Nikon, Sony, Canon, Pentax. There are many cameras out there and one perfect to suit our needs. Research before you buy........now post a pic already:D

ROFL! :D I just posted 13 pics! And yeah, I def needa study cameras more. Hope my pics aren't too amateurish. :eek:

Btw, I did them about 800 pixels wide but I can do them up to 4,000 pixels wide. What's the best size to use?

Last edited:
800 is fine, we prefer them 800 to 1200 pixels along the long side. You can do wider, but it's really only needed if you have something like a panorama.

I do have a suggestion for you though. If you want some critiques (purely optional!), you'll get the most comments if you post a couple of them here in the forum. People tend to view them in the gallery, but not post many replies.

800 is fine, we prefer them 800 to 1200 pixels along the long side. You can do wider, but it's really only needed if you have something like a panorama.
I do have a suggestion for you though. If you want some critiques (purely optional!), you'll get the most comments if you post a couple of them here in the forum. People tend to view them in the gallery, but not post many replies.

Great! 800 is easier for me to deal with too. And yeah, I def wanna try for critiques cause that's the only way to learn and get better. When I was little I liked "Oh that's great!" but you can't learn anything like that. But it's def great to have someplace to keep them handy! :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back