Hello from Southern Oregon

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Irene

I rarely visit photography forums, but looking through some of the recent threads made me realize what a friendly and supportive place you all are building. That's cool.

So, I live in Eagle Point, in Southern Oregon. I've been shooting on a Nikon D90 with kit lens and a Oly FL-50 flash for a while and have no complaints.

Researching my next equipment purchase: I'm as interested in a lighting kit as I am in a lens upgrade. So any suggestions are welcome.

I like portraiture. I'm really interested in developing my skill in telling stories. Currently, I'm posting my images to my Facebook profile, since it's all work that I am doing for my friends as I develop a portfolio.

View attachment 5327

View attachment 5328

View attachment 5329

View attachment 5330

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome Irene! we have some pretty good portrait shooters here, and a good number of Nikon shooters (though i'm not among them...) as well. dive right in, the water's fine! :D

I rarely visit photography forums, but looking through some of the recent threads made me realize what a friendly and supportive place you all are building. That's cool.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the compliment! We work very hard to try and keep things that way. We do allow critiques, but we keep them on a friendly and constructive basis. I think the members do a great job of being nice to one another and keeping things civil.

I like portraiture. I'm really interested in developing my skill in telling stories. Currently, I'm posting my images to my Facebook profile, since it's all work that I am doing for my friends as I develop a portfolio.

Speaking of Facebook, they don't allow you to "hotlink" to images. Some sites do, like Flckr, but Facebook doesn't. So all of your images were broken. I went in and grabbed them and posted the images as attachments instead.

You'll either need to post images as attachments (it's easy) or use a different photo host for them to show up in your messages here.

Speaking of Facebook, they don't allow you to "hotlink" to images. Some sites do, like Flckr, but Facebook doesn't. So all of your images were broken. I went in and grabbed them and posted the images as attachments instead.

You'll either need to post images as attachments (it's easy) or use a different photo host for them to show up in your messages here.
I really appreciate that you took the time to fix my mistake, Bob. Thanks for letting me know the problem.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

welcome to the nuth...er... forum ... there are a few here that live in Southern Oregon ... nice pics too

Yeah, I might have seen you once upon a time on another, now defunct, forum. Glad to see that this one is under active stewardship.

Thanks again. I actually started this forum because I wasn't happy with the fact that one was doing so poorly. I presume it's the same one, let's just call it "Some Other Northwest Photography Site" ;)

I first attempted to buy that site from the owner, but he rejected my modest purchase offer without making a counter-offer or even just telling me to go take a hike. Never replied to a couple follow ups, so apparently I annoyed him.

So, having run numerous other discussion forums, the answer that problem was simple enough, I just started my own. It took a while but most folks from that place have shown up here.

The philosophy is simple. Hands on management of the site, a fun and friendly place, and whenever possible, listen to the members and give them what they're looking for. If you do that, and continue to do it, things usually work out.

Thanks again. I actually started this forum because I wasn't happy with the fact that one was doing so poorly. I presume it's the same one, let's just call it "Some Other Northwest Photography Site" ;)

I first attempted to buy that site from the owner, but he rejected my modest purchase offer without making a counter-offer or even just telling me to go take a hike. Never replied to a couple follow ups, so apparently I annoyed him.

So, having run numerous other discussion forums, the answer that problem was simple enough, I just started my own. It took a while but most folks from that place have shown up here.

The philosophy is simple. Hands on management of the site, a fun and friendly place, and whenever possible, listen to the members and give them what they're looking for. If you do that, and continue to do it, things usually work out.

Thank you Bob for PNW Site!!!

By the way, we have a "camera club" section in our links directory.

Also, if any of you are members of a local camera club, please return the favor and mention this site if you get a chance. We can always use some adidtional members.

Thanks for the heads up Russ, I'll check it out. Good to know about the links directory, thoughtful touch, Bob.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back